The Privacy Notice is for information collected solely by this site, the tools connected to this site, or a site administrator or member. We will notify you of the following:
- personal identifiable information collected by this site, how it is used and with whom it is shared.
- the choices you have available to you regarding the use of your data.
- security procedures this assembly uses to protect the misuse of your information.
- methods you can take to correct any inaccuracies in your information and the use of collected data.
2. Information Collection, Use, and Sharing: The Michigan Assembly and the People are the sole owners of the information collected by this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. This information is not to be used for sale, profit or any commercial purposes.
We will use this information to respond to you or as documentation of the reasons for which you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside our organization, other than as necessary to provide the services to you that you may request.
What We May Collect: Under our standard practices we may collect the following information and shall not be considered private information or personal data between you and us, but which shall be consider private as to third parties other than our contractors and Assembly members. This consist of:
- Contact information including names and email address(es).
- General demographic information including geographic information such as countries, states, provinces, territories, etc.
- Any information you may send, provide or deliver to us, either electronically or otherwise, regardless of whether we have committed not to collect it as part of our standard practices under this policy.
What We do Not Collect: We use secure third-party payment processors for any online payments to us, and we also use secure third-party email service providers and other contractors for communicating with you. For these reasons, and for the benefit of your privacy and security, under our standard practices we do not collect, hold or control any of the following information:
- Credit card or debit card numbers, except for the last four digits of them, which may be collected by us to provide you with any refund, if available, to verify your status as an adult, and for transaction verification purposes.
- Online financial information or bank account information.
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses or Media Access Control (“MAC”) addresses, which may be obtained by us only if required to do so by applicable law, or in the event we believe you have breached any of your responsibilities under this agreement.
- Information from persons under age 18, unless provided by you.
- Tax identification numbers, for example, US social security numbers.
Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via email in the future to inform you of the assembly function, updates, or information that may be applicable to you.
3. Security: We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only Elected assembly officers who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, recording, public safety, validation) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers and files in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
4. Third-party Contractors: The email delivery and management service providers, payment processors or other independent third-party contractors (all “contractors” herein) occasionally serve you cookies as well. We do not have control over cookies placed by these contractors.
6. Purpose: This site is for informational purposes only and not to be construed as Legal advice. The Information posted is for educational purposes only and is protected under the right guaranteed by the Constitution for the united States of America, the Constitution of the Untied States and The Constitution of the United States of America, All rights reserved, without prejudice, and no part of this website maybe reproduced without written consent.
7. Opting Out/Failure to Uphold This Agreement: At any given time you may contact us to choose to stop the collection of data or use of information we may have obtained using this site. Likewise, in the event that we are not abiding by this policy you should contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. You hereby agree that it is your sole responsibility to properly communicate your decision to opt out in accordance with this Section and this policy.